China Pop: Contemporary Year of the Dog
Friday, February 16, 7 - 9 PM | Ages 18+
Join us for this modern take on a cultural celebration inspired by contemporary Chinese art. Come dressed with a splash of red for good fortune and enjoy activities to bring peace and prosperity in the New Lunar Year!
This event will feature a silent art auction offering a unique art collectors' opportunity to acquire contemporary Chinese art.
- Colette Fu, one-of-a-kind collapsible book artist based in Philadelphia who combines photography with pop-up paper engineering
- Zhihui Xie, ceramic sculpture artist based in Philadelphia
- Decue Wu, graphic artist and an illustrator originally from Shenzhen, China and currently based in Los Angeles
- Dongze Huo, painter born and raised in Xi’an, China and currently based in New York City
- Han Wang, ceramic artist based in Philadelphia
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- DJ Zip spinning his signature disco house and funky breaks mixed with Chinese pop music interludes
- Fish tacos, crab cake sliders, and dumplings catered by Koi on the go
- Dog lovers' luxury auction items
- Balloon drop-and-pop to ward off the bad luck
- Cash bar
Year of the Dog design by Willie Yao, painter and digital artist born in Shanghai, China, currently based in New York City.
Tickets: $30 at the door
We are grateful for the sponsors supporting this event - THANK YOU!
Waggies By Maggie & Friends will be onsite selling their "all-natural, vet-approved dog treats made with the finest ingredients."
Faithful Friends will be present during the event with an adoptable dog.